Monday, February 06, 2012

Big Boy Bed and Snow Day

On Monday, January 16th we did some furniture rearranging within our house, which resulted in Isaiah being in a big boy bed that night.

Originally the plan was to move the crib and futon out of Isaiah's room into the other bedroom and put the queen bed from the other room into Isaiah's room. 

However, since my parents are getting ready to move this month and need to downsize they had offered to let us have their full bed for Isaiah's room.  We were pretty sure we were going to do this, but I wanted to do a test run first.  I wanted to move the crib out of Isaiah's room, open up our futon (that is also a full bed) and see what kind of space Isaiah's room would have.  Then I wanted to close up the futon and move it into the room with the queen bed and see what that looked like space wise. 

Well, with all furniture rearranging we had a few problems...first, we couldn't move the crib out of his room without taking it completely apart.  Next, we before even moving the futon into the room with the queen bed we could tell it was going to be too crowded for my liking. 

So...we did break down the  crib and we are storing it under the queen bed in the room next door.  And we left the futon in Isaiah's room, but opened it up into a full bed.  Thus, a big boy bed for Isaiah emerged! 

Our worries about changing his sleeping arrangements were for nothing because he has done AWESOME  in his big boy bed!  I think he really likes it and we have enjoyed reading books to him before nap and bedtime.

We had a snow late start on Tuesday, January 17th so when Isaiah woke up in his big boy bed I got to be home. Isaiah was also THRILLED that it was snowing!





Isaiah has treated his big boy bed a lot like the crib.  He has yet to get out of bed without us going in to get him first.  I love that he stays on the bed and doesn't get out and play toys while he should be sleeping.

These pictures were taken later in the week...I loved his relax sleeping that I had to take a couple pictures of my sweet sleeping boy!

No comments: