Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Learning To Use Scissors

At Christmas time Isaiah got a pair of kid friendly scissors from Nonna and Pops.  Even though they were kid friendly I hadn't really introduced them to him yet.  However, the other morning I was cutting out some coupons and my little helper was interested in helping Mommy.  I didn't really want him using my big scissors so we pulled out his kid friendly scissors.  He had tons of fun studying and investigating the scissors.  Since, Isaiah is left handed I tried my best to teach him how to use scissors and cut with his left hand, but it was hard.  Then, I had Isaiah try the scissors with his right hand and he seemed to do much better.  After I showed him how to cut with both hands he kept going back and forth between cutting left handed and right handed.  I think he is still trying to figure out which hand is best for him.  He isn't a cutting expert yet, but he did have a good time helping Mommy.

Here are a few pictures and a couple videos of his first experience with scissors!









No comments: