Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nap Count For The Week

Monday- Yes!  Isaiah didn't fall asleep in my arms like normal, but he fell asleep pretty quickly after he was transferred to his crib.

Tuesday-Yes! Isaiah took his nap at Nonna's house, but he fought the nap.  We were laying on the guest bed pillows and reading books.  Isaiah was squirming around a LOT so I told him he needed to lay down and close his eyes.  After several minutes of continued squirming I help him in my arms.  He was not happy...LOTS OF TEARS!  Again he didn't fall asleep in my arms like normal, but AS SOON as he hit the crib sheet he was asleep.

Wednesday-No!  I started rocking Isaiah, reading books, and singing songs (our normal routine) around 1:15ish and this probably lasted 15 minutes.  Then I told him to close his eyes and I did too.  I believe I feel asleep from about 1:45 to 2, but not Isaiah. At 2 when I discovered he was still awake I asked him what was wrong.  He said, "diaper" so I checked it, but it wasn't dirty.  I decided to put him in his crib and came downstairs to watch a DVR show.  After 5 or 10 minutes I checked the monitor and Isaiah was standing up...this normally means he is dirty so I went upstairs to see.  Yes, dirty!  After changing his diaper I held him in my arms for a few minutes and then laid him down in his crib and I returned to my DVR show.  Within the next 10 minutes I could hear him screaming and crying...so I went back upstairs and SOMEHOW his blanket was outside of his crib and he was VERY sad.  I laid him down and he requested to go downstairs.  Since I wanted to watch the end of the show I said I would rock him downstairs...what was I thinking?  Of course he didn't fall asleep so I tried laying him in his crib one final time.  After at least 2 hours I gave up on the idea of a nap and went to get him from his crib and ...ah he was dirty again!  NO NAP!

Thursday-Nope!  I had made plans to meet up with my friend Sarah and her daughter Lily to run a few errands (Babies R Us and Costco) together.  My plan was to run the errands and have Isaiah sleep in the car on the way home.  Well, after our two errands together I guess I pushed my luck by running into DSW shoes to do a return.  As we were less than seconds away from DSW shoes Isaiah closed his eyes.  I told him to wait to fall asleep because I needed to run into one final store.  It was quick, super quick.  I would have loved to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond or the Storables store to look for a kitchen counter file organizer, but I decided not to because Isaiah was tired.  However, once in the car I drove ALL the way home and NEVER ONCE did Isaiah close his eyes.  Ah, No NAP AGAIN?  At least we had fun with our friends!  Thanks Sarah for taking this picture of our cute kids playing on the toy isle!



Friday- Let's hope Isaiah takes a nap tomorrow!

No comments: