Friday, January 14, 2011

National Championship Celebration

On Monday evening we had my grandparents, parents, and sister's family all come over to watch the National Championship game.  We started the evening together by enjoying taco soup for dinner.

Around half time we dove into the cake Isaiah and I had made earlier in the day.  Ever since we went to Idaho and Isaiah  made a cake with Aunt Jolene that had yummy frosting I wanted to try making frosting. 

The chocolate frosting recipe I used: (found on the back on the Hershey's Cocoa box)

1/2 c butter or margarine
2/3 c cocoa
3 c powdered sugar
1/3 c milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Melt butter.  Stir in cocoa.  Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency.  Add more milk, if needed.  Stir in vanilla.  About 2 cups.

I thought the cake turned out well and for those of you who know how much I really don't like cake-YES, I ATE CAKE!

Unfortunately, the game had a sad ending as the Ducks lost the National Championship.  However, it was a good game and we had a good time with our family!

No comments: