Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Weekend

Friday morning around 5am I woke up with a slight sore throat. I took vitamin C, gargled with salt water, drank lots of water and hoped for the best.  When I got to school I had three students complaining about sore throats too.  Not a good sign!

Friday afternoon my throat was bugging me too much and it was my scheduled day to get my allergy shots.  My paperwork mentioned not getting shots when you felt under the weather, but I thought I was feeling well enough so I went ahead and got my shots.

By Friday evening I was miserable.  I was sneezing and congested.  I had a super bad runny nose!  I hardly got any sleep on Friday night.  I stayed up until midnight because I was so uncomfortable, but then I woke up at 1am, 3am, 5am, and 8am.  I am pretty sure I went through an entire box of Kleenex that night!

Saturday morning and afternoon I didn't feel the greatest either.  Travis made us waffles for breakfast and we hung around the house until late afternoon.  Since there was a Ducks game on Saturday Travis was excited to have Isaiah wear his Ducks Jersey.  I ended up taking a nap when Isaiah took his nap and that helped a little, but it wasn't until I took medicine again at dinner time, 6pm that I finally started feeling better.  I had enough energy on Saturday evening to run a few errands with Travis while Isaiah stayed with his grandparents and played with Campbell.


On Saturday night I slept wonderful!  I think I only woke up once and slept in until 9am.  We didn't go to church since I hadn't been feeling well, Isaiah possibly was getting a cold too, and he had struggled last week at nursery.  We casually got ourselves ready and then ventured out of the house for a few more errands.  I felt considerably better on Sunday than Friday or Saturday.

I am not sure if I had a cold and the allergy shots made it worse or if I had a cold and it was going to bad no matter what.  Since I didn't know for sure I am waiting an extra day in between getting my next round of allergy shots in hopes to not be under the weather.

No comments: