Saturday, May 01, 2010

Baby Shower

My school threw me a baby shower on Friday. They had picked this day awhile ago and it just happened to be my last day at school before we head to Korea. My staff was very thoughtful and bought us a tree and decorated it will baby socks stuffed with cash!

Here is a poem that was the inspiration for the gift of a tree...

Replanted

Thank you for bring me to your home
Where I will get just what I need.
I know you will take good care of me.
You will water, nurture, and feed.
Be the perfect soil for me to grow
Tall, healthy, and strong.
I get to put down roots with you
That will be deep and last so long.
You know I need these solid roots
Because the winds will blow
These roots will keep me solid
If the raging flood waters flow.
But with the stability given me
You will not let me fall.
I might sway and bend but that's okay
That's a part of life, after all.
I have room to grow and freedom, too.
To group up in the Light
It is great to know that thanks to you
My future's looking bright.
Because of you I will be cared for
And I know that I will be
Well tended in this place
By you, my family

Here is my artistic attempt a displaying the stocks that so nicely hung on the tree. The tree is still at school as it was too big to fit in my Camry. We will go get it once we are back from Korea. Thank you Dundee Staff -you are amazing!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

What a wonderful gift idea and a beautiful poem! I may have to steal that sometime. :)