Thursday, December 29, 2011

Endocrinologist-Prayer Request

On Thursday December 8th I went to see an endocrinologist at OHSU.  The appointment was horrible!  I didn't connect well with the doctor as she spent most of my appointment being clinical and telling me all the ways that diabetes side effects could kill me.  Instead of leaving the office feeling educated, with resource tools, or supported I left in tears.

I wasn't interested in continuing with this team member so I talked to my other providers (primary care and diabetes educator) and made sure it would be acceptable to look for someone else.  I got a recommendation for a different endocrinologist doctor in the Providence system (who also lives with Type 1 diabetes) that I am hoping to be able to see.

Yesterday, I called the new endocrinologist office to see if my referral was going to be accepted...and I learned that my file should be on the doctors desk.  The doctor in out this week and so I should hear one way or the other by the end of next week.  The receptionist I talked to also said they aren't scheduling until May (which it pretty far off for someone recently diagnosed and hoping to get more care).

Please pray with me that I will be accepted by this endocrinologist, that I will be able to be seen sooner than later so we can better manage my diabetes, and that we will connect well!
 

No comments: