Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Goodbye Lunch Entertainment

On Friday, July 22nd Travis worked his last day at George Fox University.  In honor of his six years of service at Fox his staff did a goodbye lunch.  Isaiah and I were able to attend.  It was a great celebration of one chapter ending and a new chapter beginning.

While at the lunch two games were played.  The first was a question quiz to see how well people knew Travis.

These were the questions asked:  Go ahead and see how many you can get right!

1. Travis grew up in which fabulous city?  Extra Credit:  What was the mascot of his high school?
2. Travis' middle name
3. Travis is famous for doing what on both his first and last day of work?
4. Travis' primary place of employment during his late teen years?
5. Travis once shared a bed with which co-worker?
6. Where did Travis live prior to starting his job at Fox?  Extra Credit:  What was his job title and organization?
7. Travis' undergraduate major  Extra Credit:  Travis started grad school in what program?
8. Travis went to high school with which professional athlete?
9. Travis quotes:  Out of the following quotes which one was not said by Travis

A. I have a stronger desire to drink at work than anywhere else.
B. I hate it when  my skirt blows up too.
C. I just want to rip someone's head off.

A. I am not wearing women's pants!
B. You just need to tell me how to be smart.
C. That's the most dumbest think I've ever heard.

A. It's bright out hear, feels good.
B. I don't want to spend anytime int he slammer.
C. I should be a professional singer but I'm ugly.

A. I don't care if people see I had an HIV test and it came back negative.
B. Dale, I want to come over there and give you a kiss.
C. It's miraculous that not all of us have tails.


The second game was similar to Apples to Apples.  For each the of sayings (see below) his co-workers were to write down an answer.  Then Travis was given all of them to read aloud and pick his favorite.  I went ahead and provided his answers for this game...so just enjoy!

Saying:  Things that convince you someone is from Madras.

Responses:


They run away from the cops (This was the winner)
Being accused of lying through your tooth
Missing digit
Get'R done sign on office door
Rattlesnakes for dinner
They enjoy eating/drinking at sketchy establishments
They wear pink pants
You throw things off an overpass and run from the cops for fun
When they think metropolitan means Redmond
Lee Jeans
Denim overalls
Ding Ho bib is still on
Chewing tobacco/ skull ring
They smell like mint


Saying:  Things you might hear Travis say about Peoplesoft.

Responses: 

Son-of-a-*****
Stupid piece of junk... ok I know it's Gina...but you think it!
P.S. I hate You
@*!#%! and other colorful words
This is stupid
That's just dumb!
Well, in goldmine we could...
No, it can't! (This is the winner)

Saying:  Things you might see or hear on a walk to Chapter's with Travis

Responses:

A wave of coffee crashing on a co-worker
Cars screeching to a stop
Who's paying for this?
Is it raining' or is it raining?
Yelling at the car that did not come to a complete stop at cross walk
His anchor tattoo
Yelling at cars who don't yield for predestrians
Wonder who I am going to spill this coffee on...
The Lakers suck (This is the winner)

Saying:  Things Travis is thinking during an All Employee Meeting

Responses:

Too much paper!  Go digital. (This is the winner)
This is a total waste of time
Why am I here?
If I throw this trail mix at Robin do you think anyone will see me?
I could go for another cup of trail mix
What's for dinner?
I could be home right now
I love Robin Baker
How much does this goon get paid?
I wish he would quit talking so I can leave
He isn't thinking.  He's playing with his iphone.
How much paper did you use to give us handouts on your green initiative?

Saying:  Things you shouldn't say at Travis' farewell lunch.

Responses:

Yes, now my candy won't disappear
Can I have your number so I can get help with Peoplesoft
I have your iphone on speed dial
You'll regret this
Good riddance
I wish I had pants like Taylor's
Go Beavs!
Free candy!!
Is pacific corp still hiring?
How's all that "hopey-changey" stuff working out for you? (This is the winner)

After the two games the tone became more serious and people shared what they appreciated about Travis and what they would miss most.  George Fox has been a blessing to our family over many years and it was a wonderful to hear how much they respected Travis.  We will miss our George Fox friends!

Travis started his new position at PacifiCorp on August 1st (Monday of this week).  He is an HR Analyst and we are adjusting to this new chapter.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

What fun games! Just perfect to celebrate Travis and have some great laughs. Congratulations, Travis on your new job!