Friday, March 04, 2011

Supporting Our New Local Business

Grocery Outlet (bargain market- think the annoying jingle)  is our new business in town.  Travis is all about supporting the local businesses so Tuesday evening we took a family field trip to the new store in town.  It was a fun adventure!

And luckily for you...(not so lucky for Travis since he was a little embarrassed by me) I took pictures to document our experience.

 A picture of the store front my the car...pretty full parking lot, hopefully this is a good sign.
 There were a LOT of balloons and decorations in the store.  Isaiah noticed ALL the balloons.  Imagine repeat of the word balloon throughout the whole shopping experience...this could have either been annoying or super cute... I am going to remember it as super cute.

 Travis and Isaiah in the produce section at Grocery Outlet ...I don't think I will be buying the bruised produce from here.
 Travis was very excited about the experience and made us walk up and down EACH and EVERY aisle.  Notice what I found...Halloween cookies?  How many months old are these cookies?  Umm, I am thinking not something I will be buying.
 Don't worry, we did find a few good deals I mean BARGAINS!  We bought:  Orange Juice, Cheese-it Crackers (Toy Story 3 designs...so they have to still be pretty fresh-right?), frozen pineapple (which we already used in a smoothie and it was delicious!), and a few other odd things.  However, this picture was to document that yes, we had difficulties at the check out line.  Travis was super nice to the cashier as she tried to figure out the machine.
 And Isaiah was super patient and does what he also does while grocery shopping...he enjoyed playing with his Isaiah phone (named by Campbell).
All in all it was a fine trip...but we probably won't be making this our main grocery store.

After the fun at Grocery Outlet we decided to to stop at DQ for a tasty treat!  For some reason, I was still in a silly mood and continued with the picture taking...so please enjoy!

 Outside the store...pretty excited about getting a tasty treat!
 Isaiah and I playing with my camera on my phone.
 Happily waiting with his mommy!
 Great smile and I don't even think he knows we are getting to eat ice cream soon!
 LOVED eating the ice cream!  He got bites from both mine and Travis.
 We heard a lot of "more please".
Enjoying hanging out after the tasty treats were gone.

No comments: