Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wednesday Night Music on the Green

Travis was gone on work retreat Monday-Wednesday of this week.  That meant it was just Isaiah and I for three whole days!  By Wednesday I think Isaiah was getting bored with Mommy.  He was pretty grumpy most of the day.
 
We had gone to my neighbors house in the morning so I could clean and he could play with the kids.  He seemed very clingy to me in the morning, but when we came home from the neighbors nothing I did was what he wanted.

He started to play with a book when we got home and I asked him to leave the book downstairs and come take a bath... tears.

We started the bath water and then left to undress in my closest (a fairly normal routine)...tears, sad to not be in the bath yet.  I put him in the bath...upset tears!  I quickly washed him and decided he needed a nap and we would hold off on lunch.

While getting him dressed...tears and flailing so he bumped his head on the changing table.  I felt bad and didn't want to put him to sleep right away so I could make sure he was feeling okay.  Went downstairs and tried to put him in the high chair... tears.  I decided to try milk only...that was good until I talked to him while letting him drink his milk...tears.  After some struggle he finally fell asleep.

When he woke up I had lunch ready for him, but he wasn't interested...tears.  I tried to tell him to take a bite...tears.  WOW!  Nothing this Mommy was doing could make this boy happy.

Luckily Daddy got home at 4pm (a little earlier than normal) and GOT to experience the sadness and tears.  Daddy read him a book, the book ended, Travis asked him do you want me to read it again, Isaiah wanted down, he set him back down and didn't read the book again, and tears!

We decided we needed to leave the house...since normally that helps get him in a better mood.  We went to dinner and then met Grammy, Grandad, and Aunt DeAnn at Music on the Green in Sherwood.  Isaiah LOVED it!  He was clapping, happy, and smiling the whole time.  No one would have known he had been having a grumpy day.

I am so thankful music is what changed Isaiah's mood.
We have a book titled I LOVE YOU THROUGH AND THROUGH... part of the words say, "I love your happy side, your sad side, your silly side, your mad side."  I love this book because it is such a good reminder to love my baby boy in all of his different moods!

1 comment:

Brad & Emily said...

I didn't think it would be possible but Isaiah just get CUTER everytime I see a new picture xo