Monday, May 24, 2010

Adventure with Mommy

This past Saturday Travis had class all day so it was just Isaiah and Mommy. We stayed home for most of the day but we did make one venture out to REI.

After buying his Keen sandals last Monday I came home and checked my mailed and found I had an REI sale catalog. The Keen sandals we had just bought at Nordstroms for 40 were only 29 dollars at REI. As annoying as that is, I decided to repurchase the shoes so I could get the better sale price. And I also decided to buy the size we needed plus a size bigger in case we need it this summer season.

So on this rainy Saturday I ventured out of the house. My babe was tired and fell asleep on the drive to REI. I had to park super far out... this should have been my first clue I was going into REI madness! I tried to get Isaiah out of the carseat and let him keep sleeping... that failed, but for some reason I still brought his blanket. I guess in case he might fall asleep again in my arms while we got the shoes. That was a silly decision because that just meant one more thing to carry.

For those of you who know the Tualatin REI store when I walked in the door there was a line past customer service and into the backpack section. I should have known that was yet another bad sign. However, I continued to the shoes section where there were tons of people trying to buy shoes. Luckily I knew what I wanted and wouldn't need to try anything on so as soon as it was my turn I asked the lady for a size 5 and 6 shoe. She fairly quickly brought them out to me and away I went.

So with two boxes of toddler shoes in my hands plus carrying my son I next decided to check out the backpacks before getting in line. That just didn't work out too well so I quickly got in line. Being in line wasn't much easier. Isaiah got tired of me holding him and wanted to be down, but then he wouldn't stay by me so I ended up holding him anyways. Finally, I put the shoe boxes on the floor, held Isaiah and kicked the shoes boxes as I walked forward. At one point when Isaiah was down he had a small meltdown where he fell (sat) on the shoes boxes. Once I got to the cash register the clerk was super good with Isaiah and showed him his cool frog which distracted him enough so I could pay, get my shoes bagged (much easier to carry), and leave.

Ah, shopping with a toddler- I guess there is a learning curve!

No comments: