Sunday, February 07, 2010

Baby Shower

My sister (Elise) and sister-in-law (Kayla) planned an amazing shower for me in honor of bringing baby Isaiah home soon.
Kayla made this amazing decoration - a cake out of diapers. It was a perfect shower decoration, and will be a well used gift.
The shower started at 11:30 so an amazingly yummy lunch was served.
Yummy homemade pizzas! My friend, Kristin took this photo and I love the artistic look!
During the first game everyone had to try and match different languages with different versions of baby. Congratulations Amy for getting eight correct!

During the second game everyone had to put a paper plate on their head and try to draw Isaiah.
Reviewing my options.
I picked a winner, but too bad you can't really see how good Kim drew Isaiah.

My brother-in-law (Dan) painted a sumi-e tree for Isaiah's room. It represents his family tree, and the loving family he will be a part of over here. At the shower everyone there wrote a word of encouragement on a leaf made out of Korean hanji paper.
We were very blessed during this shower! We are so thankful for all the amazing gifts.
Opening gifts-thanks everyone!
My friend Kristin flew up from CA to attend the shower. It was great to have her here for the weekend.
Me and my sisters!
After the shower I got to read all the blessings written on the leaves.
Sweet words!And what is a blog post without including my adorable nephew. He loves giving the dogs a kissy.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

It looks like it was a very special shower with fun games and meaningful gifts. Elise and Kayla sure know how to throw a party! I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

Yay those were fun to look at with your photo captions! I had so much fun, such good food, and great to see you Kalina.... can't wait to meet baby Isaiah!