Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Cooking With Mommy 9-19

Isaiah loves being my little helper!

  Our directions for allowing a preschooler help make chimichangas for dinner.


  1. I started by cooking the meat on Tuesday (between watching Claire and Kiara)
  2. I oiled the outside of most of the flour tortillas but then Isaiah wanted to help and finished this job
  3. I filled the inside of the tortilla with meat and rolled-securing with a toothpick
  4. I put the chimichangas in the oven to cook
  5. We started preparing the rest of the topping for the chimichangas 
  6. Isaiah moved the tomatoes from the Costco box into the strainer
  7. Then I rinsed the tomatoes and cut the tomatoes
  8. Isaiah moved the tomatoes from the board into the bowl
  9. I cut open the shredded lettuce
  10. Isaiah poured the lettuce into the strainer
  11. I washed the lettuce
  12. Isaiah dried the lettuce in the salad spinner
  13. Isaiah moved the washed lettuce into the bowl
  14. Isaiah and I used the can opener together to open the olives
  15. Isaiah poured the olives into the bowl
  16. Isaiah and Daddy worked with the cheese grater to shred the cheese
  17. Isaiah got HUNGRY...time to eat cheese!
  18. Mommy and Daddy finished making the rest of dinner














The chimichangas were delicious!  
I am so glad Isaiah loves being my helper and is learning how to cook.

No comments: