Friday, April 20, 2012

Spin Art

For Christmas we gave Isaiah a spin art kit, but since his birthday and Christmas are both in December  and he gets LOTS of new things it can be a little too overwhelming if we explore it all in December (even January).  So we purposely gave him a gift from Mommy and Daddy that he would enjoy opening, but  that he wouldn't really miss playing with until later.  He had no idea what the spin art kit was capable of doing...until now!

On Friday, April 13th I didn't have work because it had been conference week and I had worked extra hours on Thursday.  I love having an extra whole day to stay home with my boy!  We stayed in PJ's for most of our morning and we had fun exploring his spin art toy! He loved it.  If it looks like he is scratching or as he calls it "a little itchy" in ALMOST ALL the pictures it is because he was having a sensitive skin day (possibly allergies) that required many applications of lotion to subdue the issue.  











I love that he carefully watched and studied the spin art.  I'm sure he was trying to figure out how it works.  When he wasn't too focused on learning how it all works...he did have a few smiles and laughs with mommy!

At first I did the paint part and he mostly watched and turned the spin art on and off.  After a while he was ready to try holding the paint bottle.







He was even into requesting different colors and switching paint bottles.






I thought this one got too much paint, but in the end it turned out really cool.  Might even be my
favorite.  It is read, orange, and yellow...so that might explain why it is my favorite too.  Next, we made a Go Ducks spin art for daddy!



Isaiah was pretty into spin art for about four different papers... but then he was ready to move on to doing something else.  So while Isaiah ran off to play with his drums... Mommy played for a few more minutes and made a couple more spin art papers.  When the project time ended there was a bit of clean up, but baby wipes to the rescue!  I think our finished products turned out pretty cool!


   










No comments: