Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Celebration Sunday, April 8th

Before Easter I saw several cute homemade Easter basket ideas on a blog I regularly read.  I thought it would be fun to make the doughnut bunny and the goldfish carrots.  I bought the materials early, but then didn't assemble anything until the night before Easter.  I was successful in creating the doughnut bunny and I think it turned out pretty cute, and Isaiah loved eating the donuts!  I wasn't happy with my version of the goldfish carrots so I gave up on those this year because there is always next year for trying again.



I just realized Isaiah's Easter basket had a letter b theme... but not on purpose.  He got a new blanket, book, bib, (tooth)brushes, and of course the doughnut bunny and two chocolate bunnies.

Making the goldfish carrots wasn't successful but I did have a few plastic carrots to fill with treats instead.  I filled two plastic carrots with teddy grahams and two plastic carrots with gold fish.  He noticed them right away and dove in right away!









Isaiah's Easter morning breakfast consumed of teddy grahams and goldfish...he LOVED it!

After breakfast, while getting ready for church I spontaneously planned our matching pink outfits, so we had to take a few family photos!





We had Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Kayla, Uncle Josh, and baby Kiara over for Easter lunch.  I cooked ham, potatoes, crescent rolls, baked zucchini, and fruit salad.  Our lunch was very yummy and for dessert we had a cake I have eyed a few times at Costco...it was pretty good.

After lunch the weather was still nice so we enjoyed a nice walk and a trip to park.  Isaiah LOVES the park and had lots of extra family to play with today.

 

















1 comment:

Aimee said...

That doughnut bunny is so cute! What a great idea! Looks like Isaiah got a great Easter basket!