Tuesday, July 20, 2010

200th Post Celebration

I don't normally pay attention to what post number I am currently writing, but recently I saw another blog that I follow celebrate their 100th post.  Well, I clearly missed the 100th post so as to not miss the 200th post... here it goes!  And, luckily we did something exciting today so now we have an exciting 200th post.

We ate dinner OUTSIDE!  We used our fire pit and cooked hot dogs and s'mores!

Isaiah had fun safely watching the fire by sitting in his high chair outside.
In Isaiah language... "Mom check this out!"
Daddy doing a good job cooking Mommy and his hot dog.  Isaiah enjoyed some other yummy treats (corn casserole, turkey, fruit leather) for his outdoor dinning experience. 
Mommy and Isaiah enjoying eating outside!  I know it looks like Isaiah doesn't have any food on his highchair tray, but he did eat dinner before we gave him a s'more.  I promise!
We made a traditional s'more for Isaiah.  We melted the chocolate on a graham cracker, roasted a marshmallow, assembled the s'more, let it cool, and then gave him the whole s'more on his highchair tray to see what he would do.  He has had graham crackers before and loved them. I think he recognized the graham cracker so he just took the top off and started enjoying.
  While still eating the top graham cracker piece of the s'more he investigated the rest of the s'more.
I think he was thinking..."What is this sticky mess!"
I guess he decided the s'more mess was ok... this was his first bite of marshmallow.  I think he liked it.
I think he was thinking..."This is a messy, but yummy dessert!  Thanks mom and dad!"

Loving eating a s'more!

Don't worry this is just the beginning of messiness...
And then there was this...
 And still there was this...he loved his s'more!  He did great during clean up too.  Thanks Nonna for teaching me the " This is the Way" song that is so inter changeable for the desired situation. This is the way we wash our s'more hands, this is the way we wash our s'more hands, this is the way we wash our s'more hands so early Tuesday evening!

1 comment:

Brad & Emily said...

Isaiah looks a bit like I did when I ate those HUGE marshmallows :-)