Friday, June 04, 2010

Week 4 of Being Home

I did pretty good this week with taking pictures so I will let the pictures describe some of the activities we have been doing this past week. I can't believe we have already been home one month!
Wednesday morning we were supposed to have lunch with Sarah and Brook, but Isaiah decided to take a nap during the hang out time so we were unable to go. We did get out of the house in the afternoon and went to Bed Bath and Beyond with Nonna. Afterwords Isaiah and Nonna played together. Isaiah was really into the packaging from a new toy (notice the huge plastic pieces in his hands). Nonna is playing the kissing game with Isaiah, which he loves!
Nonna and Isaiah giggling together.
He started playing this game on his own. He would lean in and they would rest foreheads. It was so cute.
Pops got to play with Isaiah too. What better toy than cups!
Happy boy with his Pops!
On Thursday we had our first post-placement visit from our social worker. The meeting went really well. We had a little extra time before Travis had to go back to work so we attempted a hair cut for Isaiah... it was not successful. I have an appointment for Monday at a kid friendly hair cut place... I hope we have better success next week.
Campbell and Isaiah got to hang out together on Thursday. As part of their lunch they got to have crackers and peanut butter. Campbell was very neat and tidy.
Isaiah was not so neat and tidy.
His hands did a lot of exploring in the peanut butter, but a lot also went into his mouth. He seems to really like peanut butter. We had given it to him only one other time.
After the boys had a nap it was snack time... Isaiah tried chocolate covered raisins. He liked them!
Campbell had a granola bar for his snack. Both these boys are so cute! I love spending time with my son and my nephew.
Pops is giving Isaiah a swinging ride before bed. He loved it!
Cute picture of my dad and my baby boy! Isaiah went to bed at Nonna and Pops on Thursday evening because Daddy was in class and Mommy needed to cut Sophie's hair. He slept great at Nonna and Pop's house, slept great on the car ride home, but he woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep once we were home. I rocked him, Travis rocked him, we tried co-sleeping, we changed his diaper, we pretty much tried everything! At 1 am Mommy and Isaiah decided to go hang out downstairs... he didn't get to sleeping in his crib and I in my bed until 5 am! It was a long night last night.
Jolene and Lance sent Isaiah a couple of new toys. He had fun playing with this musical fish bowl for quite awhile after eating his breakfast this morning. His exploration of the toy allowed me to get some much needed dishes done.
A guy from Trav's work gave us some hand-me-down clothing and this hat was in the box. It wasn't really cold today, but I just wanted to see what it looked like on him. He is so handsome in a hat!
This evening we had dinner at Nonna and Pops house. Nonna bought beach balls to have at her house. Campbell could pick up both balls at once-we were very impressed!
Cousins having fun playing toys together.
Isaiah found the dog bowls...and treated them like his cups. They were fun to flip over and spin.
Travis with the boys-too bad I didn't get the attention of either of the toddlers!

No comments: