Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monday with Mommy

Monday morning Isaiah woke up early... thanks to the garbage truck. I went into his room at 6am and could tell he was still sleepy. I picked him up out of the crib and held/co-slept with him on the futon in his bedroom until about 7:45am. Thank goodness for a little more sleep. I did learn a lesson though-when I heard him at 6am I went right into his room. Well, not too long after holding him and having him lay on me...I really had to go the bathroom. I finally decided to put him back in the crib (he was super sad and cried) while I ran to the restroom. Lesson learned I will now go to the bathroom before going into his room in the morning.

Travis went back to work this week, but luckily my friend Heidi came to visit us Monday morning around 9:30am. He was a little slow to warm up to her, but eventually did. He liked the Eric Carle books she bought for him. Thanks Heidi!
He wasn't really interested in staying still for a picture with Heidi. Sorry Heidi, his is the best I got-for now.
Monday evening (while Travis was at class-wow a long day with just Mommy) I was trying to get creative to keep Isaiah entertained and happy before bedtime arrived so I let him play the piano. It was so cute! He was very gentle on the keys.
I think he thought it was pretty special to get to play the big piano. Maybe in a couple years he can start taking piano lessons.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

About that silly Garbage truck...we run a humidifier (one of the cheap ones that gives nice white noise) in Jacob's room and it blocks out most sounds. Just a thought, but maybe run a little fan or humidifier or something to add some white noise to the room. I love reading your updates and I am super happy that you finally have your little boy! He is so handsome! Oh and Jumping Beans are one of my favorite brands they fit Jacob well too!