Monday, January 12, 2009

Our First Attempt at Korean Cooking

On Sunday, January 11th we had our first experience with Korean cooking. It was fun to follow the recipe... and the dinner turned out great and tasted amazing! We can't wait to make this dinner for our family and friends.

Travis is cutting the meat very thinly.
These are some of the ingredients.
I am drying the meat... just following the recipe.
A close up picture of our meat in the drying stage.
The meat is ready to go into the sauce to marinate for 20 minutes.
Doesn't that look yummy?

The flavors were wonderful!
Or course what is a Korean meal without some rice from our good old rice cooker!

Here is what it looked like right after I took it out of the pan. Oops I forgot I wanted to take a picture of it cooking in the pan. Maybe next time=)
The meal is ready and on the table.
My plate!
Travis getting ready for his first bite.
I am getting ready for my first bite.
We love it-Yeah for Bulgogi! I am glad we tried this new recipe. We are excited to add it to array of dinner options.

1 comment:

Brook said...

Really, that first picture of Travis when the page comes up is quite priceless. The food looks good, guys, I'm sorry we missed it!
Brook